Topic: Camping Stories

Add New Subject
Subject: Problematic Wildlife
AuthorMessage

Sandra G.
reddeer@nexicom.net

Posted:
9/25/2003 11:47:52 AM

I would like to add that bears are not the only wildlife that can become problematic when food and garbage are left about by campers. Because skunks and raccoons are now common in the cities, people don`t seem to be too impressed when I issue a `raccoon alert` until they find a party in their kitchen shelter at 2 am (fortunately raccoons can`t get the twist tops off the beer, it`s only the food coolers that get raided). Visiting dogs occasionally get skunked, but I have also seen dogs sleeping at a campfire and skunks skulking past on their scrounge tour. And...those cute little chipmunks and squirrels that make such great photo ops with young children will be the same `wild animal` in your tent or cabin in the middle of the night when you take the bag of peanuts back indoors. All of these `dumb` animals are pretty smart when it comes to food. Once you train them, they will come back looking for more.

Replies
AuthorMessage
No Replies found for Problematic Wildlife
Showing: 0 RepliesAdd New Subject
Top of Page

Forum Login
Forum EMail
Password
Remember Login
Login Help
Register

Blue Moon WebsBookmark Us | Terms of use | Disclaimer | Contact Us | About Us | Members | Weather | Newsletter | Advertise | Help
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Great Camping Spots Inc. - All Rights Reserved